Thursday, February 21, 2008

Surgery Postponed

That's right, no surgery today.  Julianne continued to have fevers last night and this morning during which her heart rate go up and her saturations go down.  Dr. Breitbart said that at this point they're no longer thinking its the coils causing the fever.  That would've been a 24 hour thing.  She's also had two echocardiograms showing diminished function in her heart.  She's had several blood tests, one of which was testing for an infection in the heart.  The blood test showed that what they were looking for (I can't remember what its called...triptopin, maybe) was slightly elevated, but nowhere near it would be if she had an infection in her heart.  So, were VERY thankful for that. 
 
That kind of leaves everyone just waiting though.  There's no apparent reason for what she's doing other than she just has some kind of bug and we just have to wait for her to get better.  Dr. Breitbart said that regardless of her heart function if any baby had a fever on the day of their surgery they wouldn't do it unless it was emergency surgery.  So, we'll just wait.  We definitely want whatever is safest for Julianne.
 
Thank you for checking in and thank you for all of the prayers. 
 
Love,
Kent & Jessica


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for careful and conscientious physicians and nurses. I love you and pray for Julianne's strength.

Scott, Rebecca, Wyatt & Annabelle Butcher said...

I know you must be disappointed but it's always about what is best for our heart babies. I hope Julianne loses the fever soon and she can have the Glenn. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Love~ Rebecca

Jim said...

We're all praying for you guys here at Riverside. Keep your focus on the Lord and remember His timing is perfect. Let us know if you need anything! Jim

Anonymous said...

Hopefully she'll feel better soon and the fever goes away. Must have that little bug that's going around.

We will continue to pray for you all and that everything goes smoothly.

Luv
A. Stac

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the surgery was delayed, but thankful for the wisdom that God has given your doctors. I continue to pray for you all, but especially that Julianne's "bug" would quickly leave so you can get on the business of surgery. May God grant you courage, strength and peace as you attend to your precious Julianne.

God bless,
M White

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are joined with M White. We love you all!

Judy & Neal Haynes

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the wisdom of the physicians and the kindness and care they give. We love you all. Our prayers and hearts are with all of you. Love, Mimi and Papa