Tonight after her 2nd or 3rd bolus feed I was holding her just for a few more minutes before I headed to the Devon Nicole House (Kent was spending the night here tonight) when she went into SVT again (this is when her heart rate shoots up to about 245 bpm). We were, of course, very scared that the situation would escalate to the level it has in the past. Thankfully, she came out of it in about 50 seconds. They did not have to use any drugs to get her out of it.
After this episode the nurse realized that her IV no longer worked and she needed a new one. The veins in her hands, arms and feet were all blown and they were not able to use any of them. They called in the IV team to try to put one in her head but that did not work either. So, the IV will wait till morning when they'll use an x-ray to find a vein that their not able to find with the naked eye. If there is an emergency tonight, however, they will start a central line.
Julianne vomited throughout the IV attempts and once after she returned to her bed. Now she's on clear fluids again to keep her hydrated.
Now I'm just sitting here awake in her room keeping an eye on the monitor.
Its so hard to see her go through all of this, especially the SVT again. Kent and I just keep reminding ourselves that we'd rather her do all of that here than at home.
So, the Thursday plane ride home is looking less and less likely. We'll keep you posted on when we're going to head home.
We're thankful that the SVT seems to have been an isolated incident and that it did not last long. We're also thankful that Julianne seems to be doing better with her feeds. Please continue to pray for Julianne's eating progress and healing. Also, please pray that the SVT issue will be able to be resolved.
Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.