Friday, July 1, 2011

Change of Plans

We just spoke with Julianne's surgeon and cardiologist. When they made the incision they found cloudy fluid around the pacing wires, indicating a possible infection. So cultures have been sent off to test for various bacteria and surgery is postponed for at least a couple of months. They're closing Julianne up now and preparing to send her to the CICU for the night and then to the floor. The possible infection will be treated with a combination of IV and oral antibiotics depending on what the cultures show.

We are thanking God for protecting our JuJuBee and showing the doctors what they needed to see! Please continue in Prayer for our girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys Jessica... Jeff had an infection at his pacemaker site last summer but the antibiotics cleared it up with no problems. Praying the same for Julianne if that is what it is...

love,

leanne cole

Krissy said...

Thank goodness they are observant and vigilant. Love and hugs to you guys.

kara said...

Prayers for sweet Julianne!! And hugs to you...