Her heart rate continued to stay high last night and this morning. Around 6 AM I got sick. I left and called my parents to come and stay with Julianne.
While I was sleeping at the Devon Nicole House we received a call that they may intubate Julianne if her heart rate didn't go down. Her breathing had been labored all morning. We were told that because she's been gagging and becoming bradycardic the intubation is risky. At that point I decided to get up and take a shower and see how I felt. I felt good enough to head over. Kent was still sick so he stayed.
I got here and put on a mask, scrubbed my hands and arms really well and then tried to get Julianne to calm down. She relaxed enough to get her heart rate down to 160. She then had an echo and that relaxed her even further (she loves echos, weird). Julianne has spent most of the after noon with her heart rate fluctuating from the high 140's to the 160's, much better than this morning. They're not talking intubation right now.
The echo showed that her heart function is about the same, no better and no worse. However, her tricuspid valve is even more regurgitive. Right now I'm waiting for the ICU team to come and let us know what the plan is for that. We were told this morning that the cath may be repeated Monday, or earlier if necessary. Everyone is still at a loss for why this is happening. The option of it being viral is still out on the table. We're hoping that is the case and that it will resolve itself.
Julianne has gotten a good amount of rest today. That is great because she was so exhausted from working so hard. As for right now, things seem to be going well.
Please continue to pray for Julianne. I know God can heal her. He's done so much for her already. We are so thankful for that!
P.S. With all of the commotion I forgot to mention that we experienced a winter storm yesterday. It was beautiful.
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.