The doctors talked about Julianne at length at their surgical conference this morning. Showed pictures and video of Julianne's caths and echoes in order to get the opinions of about 40 other cardiologists and surgeons. With all of that they still don't have a reason or a solution for Julianne's problem. The new plan is to take her off of the IV medication, Milrinone and onto the oral medication, Captopril. If she does well then some time late tomorrow or early the next day Julianne will be moved out of the CICU and onto the floor. Then we'll wait. We'll wait until Julianne's function improves. They're not comfortable with putting the stress of having an open heart surgery on her with her poor function. They'd rather wait until she's improved and has some reserve. We don't know how long this will be. Right now, they're thinking at least a week until surgery, but that could change. There's just no way of knowing right now. Of course we want whatever will be relatively safest for Julianne.
We know its not medicine that has all the answers, but God. I think having to just wait is a reminder of this for us. :)
Thank you for keeping Julianne in your prayers. We're so thankful for all of you!!
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.