Monday, May 17, 2010

We Made It!

We are in Boston all settled into our room at the Devon Nicole House or, as its now called, The House on Autumn. It's such a blessing that this place is available to families! I'm not exaggerating when I say it would have cost thousands more over the last 2 1/2 years for us to make these trips if we would have stayed in hotels.

The flights were fairly uneventful. Kicking toddler legs and a small poop incident were the only mishaps of the day. Have you ever tried to keep a 2 1/2 year old's legs still for 2 1/2 hours and then for another 1 hour and 20 minutes? Its next to impossible. I did my best to keep her from driving the person in front of us crazy. On the second flight I took Julianne's shoes off and that made things a little better. Mickey Mouse was the entertainment of the day. Mickey Mouse DVDs and then stuffed mickey during descent along with the classic "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" kept Julianne entertained.

I guess it was keeping Kent entertained too. :)


We arrived in Boston around 2:00 PM, stopped at a bathroom for a much needed diaper change, grabbed our luggage and got a cab. It was the quickest we've ever made our way from the arrival gate to our destination! Kent was very patient transporting the load he had today (my giant carry-on, a rolling carry on, a cooler, the computer AND a carseat...as I said, patient. I only had to carry Julianne and roll our checked suitcase when we picked it up. Thank you, Kent. :)

The Devon Nicole House is just as we remembered it. They did get new mattresses, yay! We quickly settled into our room and so did Julianne.

Having fun with daddy

Looking at the very sweet cards the children at our church made for her

Seriously, I did not TELL her to look at the cards. I had them in a little pile near her toys while I put things away. When I turned around she was looking through them. It was so sweet! I ran for the camera. :)

It was a good day... Busy, but good. We are thankful for a safe trip and a such a great place to stay. Tomorrow we have to be at the hospital at 7:30 (so I better go to sleep...its almost 11:30 here) for Julianne's pre-cath work-up. I believe it includes blood work, an echo, ekg and possibly a chest x-ray. Then at 4:00 we go back to the hospital for a Neurology appointment. My parents will be arriving tomorrow afternoon, as well.

Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement and thanks for checking in on us! We'll keep you posted!

12 comments:

Elysmom said...

oh God... we traveled to Houston last year with Elyse and it was horrible. it was a 2 hr flight and i swear it felt longer. Something. i couldn't keep her still. Kick the front seat. i swore we would never travel after that. :) too scared.

ANYWAYS!!!

PRAYING THAT IT ALL GOES WELL. I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU GUYS.

(((HUGS)))

The B Family said...

Glad y'all are there safe & sound! What an awesome hubby you have! I think the same of Scott as he hauls all the Annabelle Baskets stuff through the halls of MUSC...all the while sweating! They are so good to us!
Love the picture of Julianne looking at her cards...tears, my friend! She knows she is so loved and prayed for so often!

Prayers for her sweetHEART today~ Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Kent,
I have spent hours catching up on Julianne's Journey! Please know that I don't walk out my back door or look out my kitchen window without praying for you. I have shared with friends and many are joining me (and all your other friends) in praying!
Carolyn and Ron

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you guys always!!
Julianne surely has the best two parents any child could ask for! She's a very strong and happy person and I know that together all 3 of you can pull through this!! I can't wait to see you guys when y'all return!
Love y'all bunches!!
Kirstin

Julie Miles said...

Jessica,

Glad you made it safely to Boston! We'll be praying for Julianne & of course also you and Kent as you prepare for the big surgery! We'll be going through the same thing a year from now!

Heart Hugs,

Julie, Dan & Ethan

Kristy said...

Let Julianne know that her cousins are praying specifically that she would not be afraid during all of the pre-surgery stuff, new room to sleep in, travel, etc. God is not afraid of anything and we're praying that he would give her a taste of his courage.

Anonymous said...

Precious family - remember worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow it only saps today of its strength.

All of our love
Aunt Sarah, Frank and Kyle

Anonymous said...

Our Hugs are around you. We love all of you.

Love, Aunt Toni, Uncle Jake, Tyler, Jeff, Amy & baby Lily.

Anonymous said...

I know that you have had a rough day with all of the testing, but hopefully you can get some rest tonight! I'm glad that you parents are there with you. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!! May our gracious Savior hold you tightly in HIS loving arms and give comfort that only HE can. Thanks for updating the blog.

God Bless!!
Melinda

Anonymous said...

So happy you all had an uneventful trip to Boston. Will be praying daily for you all. And pray that tomorrow's tests will go smoothly and that Julianne will not be afraid.
Love Aunt Gnome

Anonymous said...

Hello Kent and Jessica,
Glad to hear you guy’s had a safe flight to Boston and all is well. I finally had time to take a look at your blog beautiful pictures it made me smile! You all were just on my mind and heart, so I thought I would drop a little note to express we’ll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. The Cannon Family… Dee & Alvin

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. May you feel Gods arms around you every step of the way. Love In Christ, Adelaide